Retreat - The Primal Surfing Experience
The Primal Surfing Experience is an opportunity to surf your guts out, improve your skills and expand your awareness of the ocean. It is a chance to learn about permaculture, medicinal plants, and dive into a variety of holistic practices. Doesn’t matter if you’re a total beginner, we’re all learning in our own way and everybody gets what they need.
Sunday 2pm- Fri 11am
$775 per person. 2-4 people.
Must book minimum one week in advance.
Group and family discounts.
What to expect:
Every morning we find perfect waves, set up a wicked beach camp and experience the original pura vida. You’ll surf everyday and receive feedback from our professional coaches. We recharge with some tropical fruit, fresh coconuts, then get back in the water to further help each other improve. When we’re surfed out, we pack up camp and head back to The Refuge to watch the monkeys play, tend to the garden, or rest. The remainder of the day is your own creation. We give you an arsenal of options and assist you in the whole experience. Welcome to Nosara - you have a million options to choose from and we know everyone here (check out the list of offerings below). You choose, we facilitate and that’s what makes every retreat unique. It is a co-creation of surf, exploration, and genuine good times!
- Full accommodation at the NN Surf Refuge
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Daily surf lessons (except Sunday)
- Video analysis
- Surf theory presentation
- Transportation to/from the beach and to/from the activities you select.
- Permaculture workshops
- Daily activity/offering. (Specific activity will depend on individual preferences, the retreat includes one per day. See list below.)
- Free time to explore the town, the surrounding area and go out at night.
- Music and jam sessions.
- Bonfires and grill cooking
- Full access to entire property: kitchen, garden, yoga platforms, music instruments, skate ramp, creative space etc.
- Board rentals.
- Overnight beach camp-out!!
- Sightseeing and wave-searching tours
- NOTE: All activities, surf sessions, camp-out, meals etc are optional - you are absolutely free to do whatever you want.
What's Not Included:
- Drinks and snacks (The kitchen is stocked but please BYO drinks and snacks).
- Airport transport.
- Dinner in town Tuesday night.
- Any transport outside of the retreat program- you are free to do anything you want or go anywhere you want, whenever you want. Tuk-tuks to town are about $10.
List of offerings:
- Yoga (Restorative, Kundalini, Hot Vinyasa, Free-flow, Chi-Gong etc. There are so many…)
- Natural medicine consultation
- Kung-Fu and martial arts
- Dance and movement workshops
- Sweat lodge (traditional temazcal)
- Foundation training and TRX
- Functional fitness and/or weight training
- Sound journeys
- Permaculture workshop and gardening
- Nature Hikes
- Massages and Body Work (extra cost)
- Much much more...
We enforce a community vibe as the entire space is open. This means privacy can be limited - you will be living and sleeping with other retreat members and with nature at your doorstep. Friends from the local community may also be invited to hang out. Quiet hours are typically after 9pm and before 6am but there are no set rules - each retreat is unique and we work together to create a common space.
Remember, this is a re-wilding experience (no hot water, no wi-fi, no A/C, no separation from the natural environment). If you come here expecting the Hilton, you will be disappointed. If you come here to surf, relax, and experience nature, you’ll have the best time ever.
To join our retreat, or for any additional information, don't hesitate to contact us directly.