Retreat - The Primal Surfing Experience
The Primal Surfing Experience is an opportunity to surf your guts out and explore this incredible place as true nomad surfer would. We improve your skills and expand your awareness of the ocean but we also take you under our wing to show you the true colors of Costa Rica. Even more than the surf trips, the exploration, the nature hikes, it is a chance to learn about permaculture and medicinal plants, dive into a variety of holistic practices of Nosara, and meet the local community. Doesn’t matter if you’re a total beginner, we’re all learning in our own way and everybody gets what they need. Doesn't matter if you don't need a coach, we take you on the best surfing adventures you could ever dream of! Argentinian BBQ on the beach, boat trips to hidden reefs, snorkeling with turtles... you name it, welcome to Nosara Nomads.
Sunday 2pm- Fri 11am
$950 per person. 1-5 people.
Must book minimum one week in advance.
Group and family discounts. Flexible program.
What to expect:
On a typical day we wake up early, search for perfect waves, set up a wicked beach camp, and surf throughout the morning. You’ll surf everyday and receive feedback from our professional coaches. We recharge with some tropical fruit, fresh coconuts, then get back in the water to further help each other improve. When we’re surfed out, we pack up camp and head back to The Refuge to watch the monkeys play, tend to the garden, or simply rest. After lunch, the remainder of the day is our co-creation. We give you an arsenal of options and assist you in the whole experience. Welcome to Nosara - you have a million options to choose from and we also know everyone here (check out the list of offerings below). In short, you choose, we facilitate and that’s what makes every retreat unique. It is a co-creation of surf, exploration, and genuine good times!
NOTE: There is no set schedule or program because we keep your options as flexible and open as possible. For example, if you want to spend three days camping at witch's rock, we can do that too! Contact us and we will co-create something special.
- Full accommodation at the NN Surf Refuge
- Breakfast and dinner
- Daily surf lessons / sessions
- Video analysis
- Transportation to/from the beach and to/from the activities you select.
- Nature hikes
- Turtle tours
- Permaculture workshops
- Daily activity/offering. (Specific activity will depend on individual preferences, the retreat includes one per day. See list below.)
- Free time to explore the town, the surrounding area and go out at night.
- Music and jam sessions.
- Bonfires and grill cooking
- Full access to entire property: kitchen, garden, yoga platforms, music instruments, skate ramp, creative space etc.
- Board rentals.
- Overnight beach camp-out!!
- Sightseeing and wave-searching tours
- NOTE: All activities, surf sessions, camp-out, meals etc are optional - you are absolutely free to do whatever you want.
What's Not Included:
- Drinks and snacks (The kitchen is stocked but please BYO drinks and snacks).
- Airport transport.
- Dinner in town Tuesday night.
- Any transport outside of the retreat program- you are free to do anything you want or go anywhere you want, whenever you want. Tuk-tuks to town are about $10.
List of offerings:
- Yoga (Restorative, Kundalini, Hot Vinyasa, Free-flow, Chi-Gong etc. There are so many…)
- Natural medicine consultation
- Kung-Fu and martial arts
- Dance and movement workshops
- Sweat lodge (traditional temazcal)
- Foundation training and TRX
- Functional fitness and/or weight training
- Sound journeys
- Permaculture workshop and gardening
- Nature Hikes
- Massages and Body Work (extra cost)
- Much much more...
We enforce a community vibe as the entire space is open. This means privacy can be limited - you will be living and sleeping with other retreat members and with nature at your doorstep. Friends from the local community may also be invited to hang out. Quiet hours are typically after 9pm and before 6am but there are no set rules - each retreat is unique and we work together to create a common space.
Remember, this is a re-wilding experience (no hot water, no wi-fi, no A/C, no separation from the natural environment). If you come here expecting the Hilton, you will be disappointed. If you come here to surf, relax, and experience nature, you’ll have the best time ever.
To join our retreat, or for any additional information, don't hesitate to contact us directly.